Thursday, May 26, 2011

Baked Chicken-Bacon Alfredo

I've been kind of MIA. I guess I haven't been super motivated to update this but I have definitely been trying new things. I got an awesome cookbook for mother's day. It's called Our Best Bites by Sara Wells and Kate Jones. Some of you have probably heard of it and some of you might own it. It's a great cookbook and I highly recommend it. It's filled with quick and delicious meals, sides, and desserts. Plus, some great tutorials.



Ingredients:
8 ounces penne or bowtie pasta -I used the mini penne b/c I don't like a huge mouthful of pasta in each bite.
1 recipe Guiltless Alfredo Sauce -there is a link to it in the recipe on the website
2 chicken breasts, grilled and chopped (about 2 cups chopped chicken) -we don't have a grill so I just cooked the chicken breasts in the pan I used to cook the bacon. Yum!
6 ounces (1/2 package) cooked bacon, chopped
1 (14-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 cup chopped green onions (about 1 decent-sized bunch)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
Salt and pepper, to taste


Serves 8

I followed this recipe exactly (except that I halved it b/c there's no way the two of us would be able to eat all that pasta...) and I loved it. The "Guiltless Alfredo Sauce" makes me feel better about eating chicken Alfredo. And there's not that much bacon in it....but who am I kidding? I'd probably eat it anyway! This dish is creamy and smokey and delicious. AND it's a quick and easy recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment