Monday, May 2, 2011

50 Panini

These two paninis are from an insert I got from Food Network Magazine. Here is a link to all 50 "recipes". Some of them sounds really yummy. I have tried the Steak-Gruyère, Bacon-Date (both in this post), and the Italian Melt. All three are very different and very tasty.


Steak-Gruyère:
Mix equal parts mayonnaise and horseradish. Stir in some chopped parsley. Spread on the inside of a split piece of baguette. Fill with thinly sliced cooked steak and sliced gruyère. Press and cook until golden.

I cooked my steak to about medium or medium-rare because I like it that way. The meat is more tender that way, but cook it how you like it. I think I had just over half a pound of steak and that made two sandwiches. The horseradish is a nice touch so don't be afraid of it. Just add less if you don't want too much kick.

Bacon-Date:
Brush the inside of a split French roll with olive oil and spread with soft goat cheese. Fill with chopped dates and crisp bacon. Press and cook until golden.

This is not what most people think of when they think of paninis. It's very different but I liked it. Then again, I like to try "different" food.
The dates definitely add some sweetness to the sandwich so don't put a lot on if you're concerned about that (oh, and don't use the chopped, sugar coated dates you find in the baking isle; try and find whole, pitted dates). The bacon is, of course, delicious and the goat cheese is creamy and tangy and balances everything.


Even if you are not interested in these two paninis at least I've given you a resource for 48 other ideas that are fast and perfect for dinner for two! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment