Thursday, April 7, 2011

Garlic Shrimp and Chickpeas

This is from Food Network Magazine. It's reminiscent of shrimp scampi, in my opinion. I served it as a main course but I feel like it might make a better side or appetizer. It's filling so just don't eat too much if you opt to serve it as a side. :)

This is what it looks like in the dish. Great presentation, huh?
 

Ingredients:
2  15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
6  T extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt
1 1/4 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 t. finely grated lemon zest
1/2 t. red pepper flakes
1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
Lemon wedges, for serving

Full Recipe

Serves: 4


This recipe is really quite easy and quick. I would buy shrimp that is already deveined (because who wants to do that?) and I suggest leaving the tails intact. I don't usually do this because it's easier to either buy shrimp already peeled or quickly peel the entire shell off yourself, but for this recipe I really felt like it just wouldn't look as good.

Also, I omitted the last tablespoon of olive oil you drizzle over at the end. I thought there was plenty of oil already in the dish without adding this last bit. And I'm pretty sure the dish did not suffer at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment