Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spice-Rubbed Pork

This recipe is also from Food Network Magazine. The spice rub is delicious. The cumin adds a nice smokey flavor and there is some definite kick from the red pepper flakes. I really liked it paired with pork but I'm sure it'd be good with some other type of meat if you want to experiment.

Sorry I don't have a better picture. I forgot to take one so I had to use the pic from Foodnetwork.com
Ingredients:
2 t. smoked paprika -I just used regular ol' paprika. I've had a hard time finding smoked paprika and I thought it worked just fine.
1/2 t. red pepper flakes
2 t. ground cumin
Kosher salt
2 pork tenderloins (1 3/4 pounds total), halved crosswise
1 T. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
2 scallions, thinly sliced
Freshly ground pepper
Jarred salsa verde for serving (optional)

Full Recipe

Serves: 4


Honestly, I didn't like the quinoa. At least I didn't like the way this recipe has you prepare it. It was just too boring for me. And I even tried cooking it in chicken stock to add flavor. I understand that you should have a more mild side to go along with this rather spicy meat, but this was just blah to me. But, because it's part of the recipe I put it up anyway. Maybe you'll like it more than I did. I like the idea of using quinoa because it's so good for you, but next time I'll use a different recipe.

The entire reason I put this recipe up was because I liked the spice rub so much. It's just great. The flavor has a lot of depth even though there is only three spices that make up the rub.

Give it a try, I hope you'll like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment