Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Reuben

We celebrated St. Patrick's Day by eating corned beef and cabbage...in a Reuben sandwich.



Ingredients:
Rye bread -I used the marbled kind just because I think it's pretty
Corned beef -1/2 pound makes 3-4 sandwiches depending on the size of your bread and how much you put on the sandwich.
Sauerkraut -a couple Tbs. per sandwich
Thousand Island dressing -a Tbs. or so per sandwich
Sliced Swiss cheese

Directions:
Lightly toast rye bread. Layer corned beef, sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing and Swiss cheese on one piece of rye bread. Place under broiler until cheese is melted (it melts quickly so don't walk away). Top with second piece of rye bread. Enjoy!

I didn't use a real recipe for this but I rather enjoy Reuben sandwiches and I want to encourage all of you to try this. I know that each of the ingredients may sound kind of gross, but believe me when I say that the combination is delightful. Seriously. If you aren't a fan of sauerkraut this sandwich might change your mind. The Reuben sandwich is bold and delicious and not for the faint of heart. But you should try it even if you are...:)...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh - next Reuben night you'd better call me! I LOVE Reuben sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete