Friday, February 11, 2011

Slow Cooked Chili Soup

I really am not a huge Crock Pot user. I've probably used my Crock Pot less than a dozen times in the 2 1/2 years I've owned it, but I just happened to make two Crock Pot recipes since starting this blog. I got this recipe from my sister who got it at an Enrichment activity. I think it's actual name is Taco Soup because it has taco seasoning in it, but it's so similar to chili that I call it Chili Soup.


Ingredients:
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can chili beans in sauce
1 small can tomato sauce (I used tomato soup)
1 can diced tomato (use the plain or seasoned kind, whatever you want)
1 can corn (or use frozen corn)
1 can green chili peppers
1 onion, sautéd
1 lb. ground beef, browned
1 package of taco seasoning (I used the 30% reduced sodium kind)

Directions:
Brown meat and onions, then combine everything in Crock Pot for 6 hours on low. Serve with cheese, sour cream, and Frito's.

Serves 6


How simple is THAT? And it's pretty darn good. I really like how flavorful it is.

I used the same pan for sautéing the onion and browning the meat and ended up cooking mine on high for 4 1/2 hours because I didn't get it started on time. It turned out just fine.

I also baked up some cornbread (I totally went with Jiffy) to go with it because what goes better with chili than cornbread?? Probably nothing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment